Check out this interesting perspective on grocery shopping while wearing a black abaya. Go ahead, read it then come back.
Now that the title has your attention and caught your interest, let me explain exactly what I mean when I say “shopping etiquette” in Saudi grocery stores. This is information based on personal and practical experience.
To begin with most of the Saudi women who shop in the Saudi grocery stores such as Panda, Geant or Tamimi (Safeway) will likely be wearing a long and perhaps trailing black abaya. They probably have on a hijab and niqab too. This dress can result in obscure vision which can create a few problems…
Are you back now? Then here are some other takes on the many issues in the wide, weird world of grocery shopping etiquette:
- Checkout line etiquette: Leaving the line to get a forgotten item.
- A simple lesson in grocery shopping etiquette.
- So who really is the next person in line? Probably not the person at the end of the line.
- Take The Grocery Store Etiquette Test (even though I didn’t).
- And finally, let’s end with a Best of Craigslist rant on grocery store etiquette.